Junaid Hassan Masoodi was born in Srinagar city of Kashmir region of Jammu and Kashmir state. After completing his bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Kashmir, Srinagar in 2007, I joined TIPL and worked as a Site Engineer for the erection and Installation of 1000 TPD cement plants. In August 2008, he joined the M.Tech Programme in Mechanical System Design at the National Institute of Technology, Srinagar. In June 2010 he joined the NHPC Ltd. as Engineer (Mechanical) and was given the assignment of Operation and Maintenance of 450 MW Baglihar Hydroelectric power station. In December 2012 he joined the Ph.D. Program at the National Institute of Technology Srinagar. During his PhD studies, he established the “Turbine Erosion Testing Laboratory” at NIT Srinagar for which equipment worth Rupees 1.5 crore is being installed. On 19th April 2017, he joined as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Technology, University of Kashmir, Srinagar. He had served as a Technical Expert/ Trainer for MECHANICAL CAD from February to May 2018 in India Skill J&K 2018 an initiative started by Skill Development Mission, Govt. of India. In May 2019 he completed his Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering. He is also contributing as a reviewer of few reputed journals of Elsevier, ASME, etc.
His areas of interest includes:
Design & development of test rig for quantification of wear in hydro turbines due to sediment and cavitation.
COMPRESSIBLE FLUID FLOW
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis of Turbomachinery
FRACTURE & FATIGUE
Crack tip plasticity, Crack Closure, Single overload Fatigue crack growth retardation, Load Interaction effects
- Junaid H Masoodi, G.A Harmain, “A Methodology for Assessment of Erosive Wear on a Francis Turbine Runner”, Energy, (Elsevier), Vol 118, pp.644 – 657, 2017 (Impact Factor: 6.08)
- Junaid H Masoodi, G. A Harmain,“Sediment erosion of Francis turbine runners in the Himalayan region of India”, International Journal on Hydropower and Dams, Issue 1, 82-89, (2017).
K Rafiq, M Rasheed, MM Afzal, Junaid H Masoodi
, "Influence of ideal nozzle geometry on supersonic flow using the method of characteristics" Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 6027–6039 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-022-1118-2
Ishfaq Amin Maekai, G.A. Harmain, Zehab-ud-Din, Junaid .H. Masoodi, Resistance to slurry erosion by WC-10Co-4Cr and Cr3C2 − 25(Ni20Cr) coatings deposited by HVOF stainless steel F6NM,
International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, Volume 105, 2022, 105830, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmhm.2022.105830
Harmain, G. A., Junaid Hassan Masoodi, and Imran Firdous, “Design life prediction of structural components subjected to various fatigue loadings” Procedia Engineering, (Elseiver) 2013, Vol. 06.
- GA Harmain, Azher Jameel, Farooq A Najar, Junaid H Masoodi, “Large Elasto-Plastic Deformations in Bi-Material Components by Coupled FE-EFGM”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, IOP Publishing, 2017
- A. Jameel, G. A. Harmain, Y. Anand, J. H. Masoodi, F. A. Najar, “Effect of Inclusions on the Shape and Size of Crack Tip Plastic Zones by Element Free Galerkin Method”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering Vol:11, No:3, 2017.
- Junaid H Masoodi, Mohammad Zehab ud din, Ishfaq Makayei, G.A Harmain, “Requirements of the design specification of Francis runner against sediment erosion- A Review”, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, (Elsevier). (Impact Factor: 12.34) (Under Review)
- Harmain, G. A., Junaid H Masoodi, Imran Firdous, “Crack tip plasticity shapes with crack closure effects for fatigue loadings”, Presented and Published in 6th International Conference on Creep, Fatigue and Creep-Fatigue Interaction, Indira Gandhi Atomic Research Centre, Kalpakam, Chennai, IGCAR(C-14) Jan. . 22-25, 2012
- Harmain, G. A., Junaid H Masoodi, Imran Firdous, “Design life prediction of structural components subjected to various fatigue loadings”, Presented and Published in 6th International Conference on Creep, Fatigue and Creep-Fatigue Interaction, Indira Gandhi Atomic Research Centre, Kalpakam, Chennai, IGCAR(C-14) Jan. . 22-25, 2012
- Junaid H Masoodi Harmain, G. A. Harmain, “An Investigation on Sediment Erosion of Francis Turbine Runners of Jammu & Kashmir State of India”, Hydro-2016, Montruex, Switzerland, Oct 10-12, 2016.
- Junaid H Masoodi, Mohammad Zehab Ud Din, Ishfaq Makayei, G. A. Harmain, , “A CFD Approach for Assessment of Sediment Erosion on Dulhasti Power Station Runner”, 13th J&K Science Congress,2018
- Junaid H Masoodi, G. A. Harmain, “Sediment Erosion in Francis Runner: A Case Study of Uri Hydropower Station”, JK Science Congress, 2015, ISBN: 978-93-82288-87-9.